IBM Cloud has a global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach. We are looking for talented, DevOps-oriented engineers to join us, working alongside fellow software engineering professionals, as we continue to develop and improve the software that powers the Cloud. This area of Engineering is responsible for the technical design, service implementation and support of one of the world's largest and most interconnected set of data centers.
• Receive requirements from stakeholders and team with squad members to develop and deliver innovative, company and industry impacting capabilities
• Design, develop and implement object oriented applications from prototype through implementation
• Work within a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery development model
• Engage with teammates in a daily collaborative style
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 1 year of relevant work experience
• Demonstrated track and record of technical leadership experience in software development organizations
• Proficient in goLang
• Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes
• Prior experience working in large distributed microservice architectures
• Expert level linux proficiency
• Familiarity with virtualization
• Familiarity with large distributed microservice architectures
• Solid understanding of REST and gRPC
• Understanding of issues related to security and compliance
• Experience on one or more of the following languages (Go, Python, PHP, C/C++, Java)
• Strong knowledge of SOA / web services – SOAP, REST, XML-RPC, XML, JSON
• Experience with relational databases and SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), also non-relational e.g. ETCD a plus.
• Experience in large systems software design and development
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.