Ready to grow your career in the Cloud? Want to have a feeling that you are making a difference? This is your chance to become an integral part of a dynamic team of talented professionals developing and deploying innovative, industry-leading, cloud-based services.
IBM Cloud Platform is a growing, agile, dynamic organization building and operating leading-edge, highly-available, and distributed cloud services in IBM Cloud. We are looking for experienced DevOps professionals to help us build the next generation of awesomeness into the IBM Cloud Platform.
The ideal candidate should have confidence as a DevOps developer working in a Kubernetes based micro services environment to deploy and support leading edge cloud services. The successful candidate will work with many squads across IBM in an iterative model to help ensure our solutions are deployed in a highly reliable and secure manner using the latest technologies. If you are passionate about automating everything in a fast-paced, challenging environment, then we believe we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum of a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
· Experience in DevOps development using Kubernetes and microservice architecture
· Experience in network engineering, build pipelines, and automation
· At least 2 years experience delivering Cloud applications at scale
· At least 2 years experience with Agile software development and release engineering (branching, versioning, tagging)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
· At least 2 years experience in building working solutions in Kubernetes using microservice architectures
· At least 3 years experience in full stack cloud application development and REST APIs using JSON
· Experience in Terraform and a passion to automate everything
· Experience in Istio and traffic management
· Experience in Front End development using React and Back End development using Node.js and Go
· Experience in cybersecurity, threat modeling, vulnerability mitigations, certifications, and compliance
· Experience in web application firewalls, static resource caching, and DNS
· Experience in application performance monitoring, problem detection, and root cause analysis
· Experience with big data, machine learning, and analytics
Secondary Job Category
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.