Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you looking for an opportunity to influence, impact and inspire change?
As Business Analyst / Data Analyst , you will be sharing the responsibility for providing the team with clarity of vision. You will understand the value of having an end-to-end understanding of how the business operates and the role that data plays in this. You’re an aspiring leader who can define and communicate the meaning of the work we do, and relate it back to business results.
Our teams embrace Agile culture in delivering business value frequently and iteratively. In order to be successful in this role, you will have a successful track record in the following areas:
· Perform data analyst functions using SQL to query data needed from database directly
· Perform analysis of source system artifacts including process flows, data flows, data dictionaries, and data schemas to draft a target state data dictionary and identify data patterns that will serve as primary inputs of the data modeling
· Use analytical thinking leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that impact daily business decisions
· Present compelling business cases that influence decision makers
· Work effectively as part of a software development team
· Take a complex system or process, break it up into its constituent pieces, and make suggestions of how to optimize and innovate
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrate experience of Agile methodologies, including Scrum
· Exhibit great planning and organizational skills, time management, and ability to handle and prioritize your own workload
· Work to urgent deadlines and manage changing requirements
Candidate must live within 300 miles of Buffalo NY . Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). POST COVID you are expected to travel up to 75% of the time to meet our client needs across the US.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill Development : helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the Dream Career at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of People : Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3+ years experience as Data / Business Analyst or similar in IT software projects, operating in large scale complex enterprise
· 3+ years experience in gathering and analyzing complex requirements from multiple stakeholders in enterprise setting
· 3+ years experience with full software life cycle, including working with Developers and Designers in translating business requirements as well as maintaining product backlogs
· 3+ years experience in data analysis to generate meaningful insights from large data sets, including working with big data
· Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint), as well as statistical programming (ie, R [preferred], SAS, STATA, SPSS, etc.)
· Ability to acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data systems
· Experience identifying, analyzing and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
· Ability to filter and “clean” data to locate and correct code problems
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience with Design thinking methods and Agile framework methods
• Experience using modern collaboration tools in a highly responsive environment
• Deliver high levels of customer satisfaction, addressing business problems and questioning assumptions
• Highly motivated and productive, an entrepreneurial self-starter
• Demonstrable experience coaching junior members of your teams