The sales teams at IBM are world-renowned for being industry's top experts in the profession. As a Seller at IBM, you will have the opportunity to use one of the most innovative and extensive portfolios of products and services to bring best in breed solutions to IBM’s clients. Work with world class organizations to help them understand how IBM solutions can contribute to their overall success and master business relationships to become a trusted advisor to your customers.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In the Instana sales org, the brand technical specialist is the technical lead for all field sales engagements. As the companies first point of engagement with prospective customers, Brand technical specialists are responsible for every aspect of the customers pre-sales technical engagements. From the initial meetings and demos to leading their proof-of-concept evaluations, you will be the customers trusted advisor on all things Instana related. Working in conjunction with the account team, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring that technical criteria are defined, documented and have the appropriate validation events scoped and executed to ensure a technical “win” and customer “adoption”. Brand Technical Specialist may be required to travel to not just customer sites, but also trade shows and conventions as the companies go to resource for in-person demonstrations and marketing.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Around 3 years of pre-sales experience, preferably in DevOps or APM(Application Performance Management) space.
· Strong technical aptitude and understanding of the current Devops landscape. Specific experience with microservice architectures a plus (Ex: Kubernetes, Docker, Linux and Windows OS concepts, middleware components, and programming languages)
· Experience with all 3 major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
· Familiarity with observability and Application Performance Management(APM) concepts
· Strong analytical and organization abilities; Good communication skill both in Chinese and English
· Position will require up to 50% travel to customer sites, marketing events, and conventions and allowed in compliance with COVID travel policies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Resourceful - “Self-starter” mentality that enjoys taking ownership of sales campaigns
· Collaborative – must be able to work with leadership, sales and cross functional organizations to drive results and outcomes
· Inquisitive – must have a “seek to understand” mindset and the ability to ask cogent questions to understand customer challenges
· Confident – must be open to learning “new” ways of solving challenges while being able to clearly articulate their point of view.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A successful Brand Technical Specialist must be comfortable speaking to groups, of all sizes, and promptly replying to RFPs and proposals