Batch Monitoring and Processing Admin
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you'll work in one of our IBM Consulting Client Innovation Centers (Delivery Centers), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. Our delivery centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
· We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth
· Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development
· Be a part of making the world more instrumented, interconnected - and intelligent. Join us. We are currently recruiting for Batch Monitoring and Processing admin. If you are on top of your profession and possess the following key skills, we invite you to apply to our openings.
As an ideal candidate you have proven analytical and problem-solving skills, creative ability in developing and implementing quality solution deliverables, exposure to a proven methodology and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic workplace.
As well as being self-motivated and able to work fully independently, you are also able to work as a member of a Canadian delivery team, cooperating and collaborating with other team members to produce optimum solutions.
You possess exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, with a keen desire for continuous learning.
· Should have a good understanding of SDLC i.e. Dev, Test, Implementation & Production. Performs troubleshooting of system stalls, failed batch jobs, system errors, as needed to resume normal operations in accordance with specific guidelines and procedures and provide a root cause analysis.
· Completes special projects and duties assigned by management to improve batch operations and identify automation opportunities.
· Maintains direct knowledge of all system operations processes, procedures, and quality standards.
· Security clearance: Eligible Canada - Enhanced Reliability
· The available position will be on a night and weekend shift.
· As a batch monitoring administrator, you will perform troubleshooting of system stalls, failed batch jobs, system errors, as needed to resume normal operations in accordance with specific guidelines and procedures and provide a root cause analysis.
· Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Must have experience in troubleshoot system application failures.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise