In Canada, IBM Global Business Services (GBS) delivers strategic consulting to Canadian organizations. In a state of very competitive and innovative business landscape, GBS is particularly focused on helping companies to leverage digital as a competitive differentiator. IBM Digital Strategy focuses on shaping clients' agenda across the enterprise, whether it is focused on growth, reinvention, better experience, operational excellence – all enabled by current or emerging technologies. We drive this agenda by innovating and co-creating with our clients to show them real business value, from 'concept to code'.
We are seeking an Associate Partner focused in the area of Digital Business Strategy who will contribute significantly to the growth objectives of the team,. Specifically in areas of focus in the Digital Strategy team include Digital Business Strategy, CRM, Commerce, Marketing and Customer Care
Your Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to a Partner, the Associate Partner will maintain an effective business relationship with Canadian clients Canada seeking digital business advisory services from IBM. S/he will work to determine clients’ needs and translate these needs into opportunities for IBM. Primary interfaces within IBM will be the GBS team (industry experts, solution owners, your GBS peers) and the client team (which has overall IBM account responsibility).
The incumbent will contribute to the development and delivery of strategy engagements to the industry, based on first-hand experience. S/he will understand the challenges faced by the industry today and will be inspired by the opportunity to work in a team to develop business recommendations and proofs of concept to overcome these challenges. S/he will also have a background in digital business strategy and working knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
The Associate Partner will lead the creation of new business opportunities across Canada and will be accountable for success through to the end of client engagements. S/he must have extensive sales and digital business strategy experience, a track-record of effective leadership and must be recognized as an expert within this industry.
The Associate Partner will be accountable for the financial success and client satisfaction of engagements under his/her direction. S/he will define criteria for the scope, risk and profitability of engagements, as well as the viability of new business opportunities. This individual will identify, qualify, assist, and manage the closing of new business. S/he will develop lasting relationships based on mutual respect with clients’ decision makers. The Associate Partner will significantly influence client satisfaction through knowledge of the business concepts, their application in the digital world and how that fits with clients in Canada. In addition, the Associate Partner will possess an ability to articulate solution value and leadership of services delivery. S/he will direct the development of new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new markets.
The Associate Partner will lead and be held accountable for the attainment of business objectives in the Digital Business Strategy practice. S/he will also support the health and development of the practice through people management, eminence, regular communication and mentoring or coaching activities. S/he must develop strong and trusted relationships with other areas of IBM and with team members to achieve quick responses to client demands.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Solid experience in digital business strategy in major organizations, including intimate knowledge of current industry trends and challenges
- Solid experience with delivering business strategy recommendations and defining digital solutions in Sales, CRM, Service/Customer Care, Commerce, Marketing,
- Knowledge and ability to work with one or more customer facing digital platforms, e.g. Salesforce, Adobe, Genesys, SAP Experience
- Experience with development of proof of concepts to demonstrate functionality of recommended digital solutions
• Proven ability to sell strategy & transformation engagements: relationship development, identification of opportunities
• A relevant academic background, preferably with accreditation from a professional association
• At least 10 years of progressive post-graduate management consulting experience in a top-tier consultancy (preferably a blend of business and IT consulting)
• Proven ability to communicate effectively at the senior executive level
• Demonstrated people management ability to lead and mentor staff of all levels
• Demonstrated business acumen including superior negotiation skills and contract/profit management
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
• Willing and able to travel as required
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Willing and able to travel as required
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.