Come help us usher clients into a new age of future-looking technology. You'll be assisting clients in the selection, implementation, and support of applications, methodology, and tools. You'll be trained up to perform as an expert on existing and/or new applications specialized around things like Cloud, Blockchain, DevOp, Enterprise Applications, and Mobile. You will help our clients integrate enterprise-wide data for improved performance and efficiency.
You will focus on various new technologies such as hybrid cloud computing (IBM Cloud, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud), container platforms (RedHat OpenShift), microservice architectures, internet of things (IoT), cognitive computing (AI), blockchain, etc. We offer trainings and coaching to become a certified cloud architect.
The work tends to be project based and typically your assignments on the project will last between 3 to 9 months. After that, you'll move to another assignment to gain exposure to various business and technical environments.
We aim to develop a new generation of talented and ambitious technical consultants within Cloud Advisory Services. So, as your skills and experience grow, you'll help deliver solutions for our clients' most challenging business and technical problems. You could become one of our next generation Senior IT Architect, Distinguished Engineer, Project Manager or Delivery Executive.
Work you could do as an Associate Application Consultant:
· Work with project teams to advise clients on enterprise-wide data integrations
· Create ways to better assess analytics, better supporting business decision making Qualification:
· Passion for understanding the applications of emerging technologies, and ability to adapt modern approaches and innovative solutions to client problems
· Strong problem-solving capabilities, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions; as well as applying deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
· Ability to manage dynamic workloads in an agile environment
· Powerful communication skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members
· Exposure to or experience working with cloud native application methodologies and tools is a plus
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0131) IBM Schweiz AG - IBM Suisse SA - IBM Svizzera SA - IBM Switzerland Ltd
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for full-time candidates who meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor's degree or master's degree with graduation
• Passionate about identifying, designing and building solutions for challenging technical problems
• Demonstrated history of achievements in academics, internships and/or work experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and good time management skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Fluency in German and English
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.