· Design and develop a new, modern application or sustain a legacy application.
· Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within new or existing application frameworks.
· Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
· Support the Code Review process, including troubleshooting and performance tuning.
· Maintain and improve code quality, organisation, and automatization.
· Communicate with stakeholders on technical issues.
· Design and code servers, services, applications and databases that are reusable, scalable and meet critical architecture goals.
· Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are clean, well-documented, and easy to use.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1298) IBM Services Center Benelux B.V.
Fixed Term - Short Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Demonstrated programming proficiency and experience with 1 of the following (Java, C++, Python, Scala, R, SAS, SQL, Hadoop, HTML, SPSS, VBA, Tableau, Spark, Angular, ReactJS), as well as systems design/development, and information technology course work
· Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
· Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment, using agile development techniques
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Exposure to web services, API and multiple Java application frameworks highly desired
· Exposure to deploying applications with container technology like Docker and container orchestration technology like Kubernetes or RedHat OpenShift
Secondary Job Category
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, in order for you to be eligible for this role, all applicants must hold NL work permit or visa valid for a year period prior to applying. Unfortunately we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so.
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
The IBM Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM, working as IBM Global Business Services' technical delivery partner. We continually innovate for our customers, employees and shareholders. Our Technical Skills range from Application Development (Java, Front End, Full Stack, DevOps), through Testing Services to Infrastructure Support.
Here's where you come in: We're looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash your potential, IBM Services is for you.
To meet the needs of our clients' evolving technical and business needs, you will complete an Associate training programme-incorporating a blended e-learning, classroom and practical learning approach in technologies used by the IBM Client Innovation Centres, ensuring you are immediately effective for our clients. Training will be delivered in the following topics: Development, Testing, DevOps and Cloud, including Red Hat, OpenShift, IBM Cloud and AWS
Your Life @ IBM
We are proud of our training and development opportunities. As part of the CIC, you will be welcome to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. This will enable you to grow within our business which we support via promotion and progression opportunities.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that are the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise. IBM Services is the go to market name for Global Business Services (GBS) and Global Technology Services (GTS). This role is being hired into GBS.