We are looking for a Software Engineer who is a self-starter, quick learner, and who enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced environment. Our patented, Emmy®award-winning FASP™protocol is at the core of next-generation transport technologies that move the world's data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions.
Responsibilities include :
· Providing remote technical support assistance to our clients using Problem Determination (PD) and Problem Source Identification (PSI) skills
· In addition to determining recommendations for problem resolution, our engineers communicate action plans to our clients to ensure that the client is satisfied with steps towards resolution or the problem's root cause
· Our engineers continually flex their programming and technology skills through driving problem resolution using improvements to existing and/or new technical Support tools and procedures which can often include examining source code, providing feedback to development for product improvement, creating test cases, creating tools or providing debug modules to our clients
· Produce coherent knowledge base articles to enable customers to resolve issues without further escalation
· This position is specifically for a Technical Support Engineer who will be part of a worldwide team responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting software problems within Cloud Integration organization, supporting IBM Aspera. Applicants must be willing to work on a weekend rotation to lead diagnosis of critical customer outages.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(1679) Software Labs Campus Unlimited Company
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Strong understanding of container technologies, Kubernetes, Cloud skills, and networking protocols
· Knowledge of Windows and Unix platforms
· Proficiency in networking skills, such as UDP and TCP
· Troubleshoot technical issues (networking, web apps, operating system, file system and user management) in the deployment of high-speed file transfer software in enterprise
· Knowledge of Windows Active Directory/Group Policy, LDAP, SAML, SSO, etc.
· Scripting skills, such as Unix shell, Windows batch, Perl, Ruby or Python
· Basic skills in database server (MySQL) administration
· Communication and customer focus skills –be able to understand customer problems and articulate current status to customers
· Ability to communicate action plans to the client or IBM representative as appropriate
· Ability to recommend and implement new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· English language skills including read, write and speak
Secondary Job Category
Service & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Referral Promo Code
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.