· Work with IBM Q Start team on active exploratory research engagements to prepare for future use case commercialization within specific industry
· Rapidly prototype proof-of-technology and proof-of-concept deliverables to demonstrate future value of quantum-enabled workflows for key C-Suite stakeholders
· Packages the final “product” to assist with code development, integration into Qiskit stack, and convert to re-usable asset
· Collaborate with industry and solutioning experts to design, shape and document applications of quantum to demonstrate differentiated advantage
· Define best practices related to full stack quantum development opportunities, including structure, design, implementation, and testing of the project deliverables
· Engage in practice development initiatives focused on building employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise through coaching and development of training course material
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Education in STEM related fields with knowledge in quantum computing.
· Standard full-stack developer skills
· Experience across diverse programming languages, primarily Python
· Experience contributing to open source projects
· Experience in continuous delivery and test-driven development environments
· Strong innovation and delivery skills with ability to solve computational problems
· Excellent ideation, facilitation and communications skills
· Detail-oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary
· Willingness to travel globally up to 15% once we return to a travel-safe environment.
· English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Client experience in at least two of the industries
· Familiarity with Github and Continuous Integration
· Proficiency with domain specific environments such as GAMESS or Gaussian for chemistry, CPLEX for optimization
· Familiarity with Qiskit stack
· Familiarity with OpenShift
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.