In this role, you'll work in one of our IBM Consulting Client Innovation Centres (Delivery Centres), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. Our delivery centres offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio, including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground-breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centres on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
· Regular and frequent promotion and progression opportunities to ensure you can drive and develop your career with us
· Feedback and checkpoints throughout the year; no one off annual reviews here
· A multitude of training opportunities from classroom to e-learning, mentoring and coaching programs as well as the chance to gain industry recognized certifications
· Diversity & Inclusion as an essential and authentic component of our culture through our policies and process as well as our Employee Champion teams and support networks
· A culture where your ideas for growth and innovation are always welcome
· Internal recognition programs for peer-to-peer appreciation as well as from manager to employees
· Tools and policies to support your work-life balance from flexible working approaches, sabbatical programs, 1 month paid paternity leave, 16 weeks fully paid maternity leave and an innovative maternity returners scheme
· More traditional benefits, such as 25 days holiday, a gym discount scheme, online shopping discounts, an Employee Assistance Program, a group personal pension plan of an additional 5% of your base salary paid by us monthly to save for your future
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Software Developer you'll participate in many aspects of the software development lifecycle, such as design, code implementation, testing, and support. You will create software that enables your clients' hybrid-cloud and AI journeys.
Your primary responsibilities include:
· Lead the design and construction of new mobile solutions using the latest technologies, always looking to add business value and meet user requirements.
· Strive for continuous improvements by testing the build solution and working under an agile framework.
· Discover and implement the latest technologies trends to maximize and build creative solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience in iOS native development (with substantial experience in either one):
· Proficiency in Kotlin and Swift.
· Knowledge of RESTful APIs integration (additionally SOAP, GraphQL).
· Strong understanding of React native.
· Strong understanding of mobile apps architecture patterns (MVI, MVVM, Clean Redux).
· Strong understanding of mobile apps security based on OWASP.
· Understanding of dependency injection approach (Dagger2, Kotlin).
· Strong experience in ReactiveX.
· Experience with building automated tests for Android (jUnit, Espresso).
· Experience with CI/CD tooling for mobile.
· Knowledge of modern testing methodologies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, for you to be eligible for this role, you must have the valid right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise