The Client Innovation Center is the newest and largest IBM center in Sofia, Bulgaria. It is a hub of global importance for the company, providing end-to-end IT services, including network management, server systems operations, maintenance and monitoring of computer hardware and software covering some of the biggest world markets – US, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
At IBM you will have the opportunity to communicate with global teams who have different responsibilities, interests and knowledge. Here you will be placed in a dynamic environment, where you will be given the opportunity to raise your technical skills and become part of the IBM Systems Team.
· You will be required to work and close out problem records on a daily basis both for internal and external customers.
· You will participate in a problem management assignment queue and be given work on a round robin basis.
· Your work will consist of contacting customers and working both with them and with any available internal resources (problem management database, technotes, internal testing) to resolve technical problems they are having.
· Once assigned a case, you will act as the primary point of contact, from start to finish, until the problem is resolved. This job requires excellent communication skills that will enable you to work successfully with customers, technical specialists, internal resources and members of different organizations.
· You will be required to follow workflow processes and document your work very clearly. Email and phone etiquette is a must. A person interested in this role will have key responsibilities to become a worldwide technical expert in one or more components of AIX(such as networking, file systems, Kernel, Virtualization ... ), become an effective communication channel between IBM clients and IBM management and collaborate with the best experts in IBM support teams to resolve critical customer problems.
The skills required for this position span communication skills, situation management skills, and technical abilities.
US working shifts
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Remote Technical Support
State / Province
Primary job category
(0023) IBM Bulgaria Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The technical skills required for this position include, but are not limited to background with:
AIX (or UNIX / Linux) operating system; AIX (or UNIX / Linux) networking, file systems, security and administration; Previous experience in technical support;
Language skills :
Fluency in English is a must
Second foreign language is considered as an advantage
· Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
· Excellent organizational skills
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to work within a team
· Strong customer driven focus
· Good presentation skills
Relevant field, ideally in Information Technology or Computer Sciences
At least 1 years experience working in the area of Customer support
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· C and UNIX / Linux shell script programming;
· Working knowledge of common administration and debugging tools;
· Additional consideration for existing knowledge of IP Security (IP);
· Additional consideration for existing knowledge of IBM support tools and processes
Secondary Job Category
Other Product Services
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.