IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today's most complex challenges, whether it’s discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Language and Retrieval research team is looking for an enthusiastic AI researcher who majored in Deep Learning NLP to help us craft the future of IBM products and services, and push the boundaries on the state-of-the-art in language understanding, information retrieval and language generation.
Working as part of our team means you can bring your ideas to life through the full cycle of defining the research challenge, working with real data, performing the research, and innovating to solve and implement it. You will publish your research in top conferences, deliver it, and watch it come to life in the field.
If you love to create innovative algorithms, are passionate about applying technology to real-life problems, think out-of-the-box, and are interested in joining a group of top researchers solving challenging problems – your place is with us!
· Conducting research in the area of language and information retrieval, advancing the state of the art, and publishing in top AI conferences
· Initiating and leading new strategic research directions through a full lifecycle of inception, validation, experiments and implementation.
· Efficiently implementing algorithms, defining data sets and benchmarks and running experiments on real data
· Constantly reviewing relevant literature to identify emerging methods or technologies and current best practices
· Following the market, products and understanding customer needs, to find innovative solutions to real customer problems.
· Developing algorithms as software components and supporting their integration into IBM products Why join us now?
Be a part of a large group of researchers, grow your research skills and keep in touch with the academic world. In parallel, gain practical experience in developing tools which will influence the next generation of IBM's products.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· PhD or MSc in computer science or related fields
· Excellent academic record in the fields of Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning.
· Solid background in machine learning methods as well as strong familiarity with NLP concepts such as Sequence-to-sequence (encoder-decoder networks, transformer, VAE and GANs), Language Modelling, and familiarity with tasks such as Machine Translation, Summarization or text classification.
· Hands on experience in writing code in Java and Python
· Innovative thinking, creativity, and self-learning
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Extra points for
· Excellent academic publications
· Hands on experience in machine learning platforms (e.g.TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn)
· Excellent programming and engineering skills