The IBM Language and Retrieval research team is looking for an enthusiastic AI researcher who majored in Deep Learning NLP to help us craft the future of IBM products and services, and push the boundaries on the state-of-the-art in language understanding, information retrieval and language generation.
Working as part of our team means you can bring your ideas to life through the full cycle of defining the research challenge, working with real data, performing the research, and innovating to solve and implement it. You will publish your research in top conferences, deliver it, and watch it come to life in the field.
If you love to create innovative algorithms, are passionate about applying technology to real-life problems, think out-of-the-box, and are interested in joining a group of top researchers solving challenging problems – your place is with us!
· Conducting research in the area of language and information retrieval, advancing the state of the art, and publishing in top AI conferences
· Initiating and leading new strategic research directions through a full lifecycle of inception, validation, experiments and implementation.
· Efficiently implementing algorithms, defining data sets and benchmarks and running experiments on real data
· Constantly reviewing relevant literature to identify emerging methods or technologies and current best practices
· Following the market, products and understanding customer needs, to find innovative solutions to real customer problems.
· Developing algorithms as software components and supporting their integration into IBM products Why join us now?
Now is your chance to influence the next generation of information retrieval and language research.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0692) IBM Israel - Science and Technology Ltd
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· PhD or MSc in computer science or related fields
· Excellent academic record in the fields of Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning.
· Solid background in machine learning methods as well as strong familiarity with NLP concepts such as Sequence-to-sequence (encoder-decoder networks, transformer, VAE and GANs), Language Modelling, and familiarity with tasks such as Machine Translation, Summarization or text classification.
· Hands on experience in writing code in Java and Python
· Innovative thinking, creativity, and self-learning
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Extra points for
· Excellent academic publications
· Experience in Information Retrieval
· Excellent programming and engineering skills
Secondary Job Category
Authorized to work in Israel or hold an applicable work permit required by the Israeli law
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today's most complex challenges, whether it's discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research brings together hundreds of researchers who possess unparalleled industry expertise to address some of the world's most challenging problems. Join us as we do pioneering work in areas such as cognitive computing, augmented intelligence, quantum computing, and blockchain, to name a few.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.