The Advertising Systems Engineer maintains a strategic understanding of requirements and expectations for Ad Technology (Ad Tech) controlled systems and devises and evolves system configuration and business processes to support those objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Design new technology solutions to support the advertising initiatives of The Weather Company.
● Participate in a cross-functional team including Ad Operations, Ad Products, Ad Sales, Product Engineering and QA to implement and operationalize new advertising products.
● Configure The Weather Company platforms and systems to ensure proper delivery of ad products in both test and production environments.
● Technical liaison for ad system vendors.
● Document and maintain technical requirements, configurations, and work-flows for the advertising solutions to be built and implemented.
● Perform Validation testing for the advertising solutions built into the TWC consumer platforms.
● Troubleshoot and drive to resolution production issues with advertising solutions inside The Weather Company digital platforms.
● Regularly communicate the status of new advertising initiatives, including release dates, challenges and production issues.
● Research the latest technology offerings of The Weather Channel vendor partners. Keep abreast of advertising technology and policy through the IAB and other industry bodies.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
● 2+ years advertising technology platform & implementation experience
● 2+ years scripting/programming experience.
● 2+ years applications or systems administration.
● 2+ years systems integration experience. ● Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures as they relate to advertising systems administration and management. These include, but are not limited to programmatic platforms (ad exchanges, DSPs, SSPs), video/mobile/desktop ad servers, wrapper integrations, brand safety technologies, and data management platforms.
● Working knowledge of prebid.org and related technologies.
● Working knowledge of anti-adware/malware solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
● Working familiarity with project management and system/software development methodologies (Agile, KanBan, Scrum, etc.)
● Working familiarity with Internet/Web technology, including popular and emerging consumer technologies.
● Working knowledge of HTTP Proxy software (Charles, Fiddler) to identify and troubleshoot RESTful APIs.
● Working knowledge of client/server architectures.
● Working knowledge of database design and information architecture.
● Working knowledge of systems analysis and design / software development life cycle.
● Working knowledge of web analytics fundamentals (log file processing, cookies, user registration, etc.).
● Ability to lead implementation teams in protocol development / system configuration for projects.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Ability working in high-volume ASP or enterprise web environments.
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.