The role of Account Architect is the technical leader position for one or more or our Infrastructure Services customers. Together with the Project Executive and Delivery Executive forms the account leadership team responsible for the account business.
Our Account Architects are responsible for the overall technical solution on the customer account. They own and drive the Account Technology Roadmap, architectural methods and strategies. Any solution design in the account is either reviewed or performed by the Account Architect.
Account Architects are critical in influencing, shaping or co-creating the client's strategic architecture,
running the Architect Design Authority across all IBM teams who are supporting the account, and co-leading or participating in the Client's Architecture Governance.
If you take this role you will act as an innovation advisor and coach, demonstrating IBM innovation in front of the client.
You will also identify new proposal opportunities for client technology roadmap.
Being an Account Architect, you will have the opportunity and be required to continuously upgrade knowledge and skills, learn & practice architectural and core technology domain knowledge for your role, learn and use common architectural terminology and work-products, improve client leadership, communication and other core soft skills.
Professionals opting to the Account Architect position should have 5+ years of experience in the IT Industry with at least 2 years of experience in producing Architectures and 1 year in Architectural Leadership.
An Infrastructure Services Account Architect must have demonstrable experience leading small teams to define the structure of solutions and architectures to address client business problems; must prove experience in understanding client needs, applying industry knowledge, and leveraging appropriate business elements and information technology to address those needs.
You must have architecture experiences that:
· Involved the application and integration of a variety of elements that came together to produce the architecture.
· Utilized multiple and diverse technologies
· Assessed the integrity and risks inherent in a proposed solution against the underlying business intent, so that the recommendations and findings were appropriate, were acceptable to the client, and could be implemented
You must have experience involved in the implementation of the solution you defined, experiencing and taking responsibility for the implications of your architectural decisions and influencing a successful conclusion that meets business intent.
Building Enterprise skills are essential for today's IT Architect. Agile, Design Thinking, Analytics, Industry and People skills are integral to progression in the Architect Profession roadmap.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0166) IBM Global Services Espana, S.A.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required experience in architecting solutions with 2 or more of the following technologies:
· Software Defined Data Center Solutions
· Public and private cloud solutions
· IT Tools and Service Management solutions
· Container platform solutions
· DevOps solutions and architecture patterns
· IT Automation platforms and solutions Bachelor or master's degree in Technical or scientific field.
Spanish and English fluent. Minimum English level B2.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
It is preferred if you can also demonstrate experience in the following activities:
· Developed plans for architectural engagements and ensured that the approach and plans for delivery of the architecture were driven from and support the defined architecture. This project planning activity was carried out for complex projects.
· Mastered the application of consulting techniques in a client environment. Presented the rationale so that stakeholders accepted the choices and agreed with the rationale.
· Negotiated equitable outcomes to ensure successful and stable progress toward delivering the business intent.
· Applied effective written and verbal communication skills in articulating architectural deliverables in a client environment. In addition, preferred technical expertise in the following range of technologies:
· Cloud Native IT Ops Technologies
· Orchestration & Provisioning
· Private Cloud Design & Implementation
· Server Consolidation Projects
· Software Defined Network projects
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.