Are you familiar with Mainframe? Are you interested to gain skills in Mainframe within market leader in this area? Would you like to accept challenges and change them to successful projects? Do you have at least 1 or 2 years of experience in Mainframe (zSeries)? See position below and apply for them!
#Mainframe Database Administrator (DB2 DBA ):
The Database Administrator is largely responsible for providing operational database services to the customer.
• Owning, tracking and resolving physical database related incidents and requests
• Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within agreed time-frame
• Performing physical database changes to the application database objects
• Performing physical database maintenance and restores by running appropriate utility jobs and tools (e.g. UNLOAD/LOAD, REORG, RUNSTATS, RECOVER) based on the customer input
• Maintaining operational documentation
• Understanding the complexity of infrastructure design and maintenance
• Analyze architecture and security issues
• Performing advanced troubleshooting
• Identifying performance bottlenecks
• Providing administrative solutions where appropriate
• Initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established time-frames
• Focus on managing and resolving issues in agreed time
• Establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests
• Broad education and development opportunities which include training and/or professional certifications
• Additional 5 days paid time off
• Relocation assistance
• Transparent career path and potential for growth within a leading IT company
• Various benefits/discounts/offerings for sports, massages, financial services and others
• Languages classes (free of charge)
• Discounts for IBMers
• Private medical package and insurance package
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
Application Database Administrator
State / Province
Primary job category
(0674) IBM Global Services Delivery Center Czech Republic s.r.o.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Good database administration knowledge and skills
• SQL language knowledge and skills
• Basic experience in troubleshooting and resolving database related problems
• Good communication and documentation skills
• Service oriented mentality
• Capability to work independently and effectively in complex environments
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.