Data Scientist will work on a variety of research and development projects leveraging multiple analytical techniques (data mining, text mining, and deep learning). Scope of projects will include Marketing, Merchandising, Customer Analytics, and Image/Video Recognition.
Specifically, you will
· Collaborate with a global Data Science team to develop and implement methodologies
· Work with solution leaders and engineers to ensure understanding of analytical requirements
· Ensure that all algorithms scale and if needed can be executed in real time
· Engage with customers to understand their business problems
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Executive Administrative Assistant
State / Province
Primary job category
(0134) IBM Taiwan Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for entry level candidates with below expertise:
· Statistical Knowledge such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights
· Experience with large-scale, real-world problems on data science; deep learning modeling experience, such as CNN, RNN, LSTM and frameworks include TensorFlow, Keras
· Demonstrated communication skills; comfortable speaking with scientific and business audiences at all levels of an organization
· Basic understanding of programming language for analytics such as R, Python, Matlab, Scala
· Fluent English and Mandarin communication To perform this role, you will demonstrate the following qualities and behaviors:
· Positive attitude, communication, creativity, problem solving, taking ownership
· Fast learner, team work and has passion to work with people across the regions.
· Adaptable to rapidly changing requirements, deadlines and requirements
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Expertise in Machine Learning and Natural Language Process is a plus
· Familiarity with large structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data is a plus
Secondary Job Category
Other Data Science
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients' data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it's investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.