We have a team of security compliance leaders and architects overseeing solutions for this complex environment, collaborating with security architects and Cloud DevOps teams internally and around IBM.
The candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team to support business units and corporate functions to assess, develop and implement solutions aligned with security policies, strategy and requirements. A security compliance architect will perform the following types of functions
· Provide guidance on security architecture, practices & solutions to help business units build & deliver solutions
· Design and contribute to security architecture processes that enable the enterprise to develop and implement secure solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with the business, technology, and threat drivers
· Develop global security standards for technology platforms, participate in the development and update of key security controls
· Testing control evidence to determine effectiveness of control implementation
· Participate in cloud and application security strategic planning and execution. These initiatives and programs will feed directly into organization wide strategic security plan.
· Participate in discussions related to building secure, resilient and cloud ready solutions based on multi-tenancy architecture, cloud-native development, etc.
· Provide leadership, guidance, and direction in the design and implementation of automated solutions, based on a set of standards and processes that enable our application developers to easily consume security and compliance services.
· Responsible for coordinating with other Engineers, Architects, and teams in implementing a comprehensive cloud and application security program in a DevOps environment.
· Experienced in leveraging DevOps tools to build, harden, maintain and instrument a comprehensive cloud-based security orchestration platform to be consumed in product CI/CD pipelines.
· Mentor other teams on security. The security compliance architect will participate in some or all of the following:
· Providing subject matter expertise in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of appropriate enterprise programs, policies, and procedures to be compliant with regulations governing the banking and financial services industry
· Having the ability to utilize working knowledge of information security best practices such as NIST SP 800 series and ISO 27000 series
· Interpreting standards, requirements, and their application to the enterprise Cloud environment in the most reasonable and cost-effective manner
· Developing, implementing, maintaining, and overseeing enforcement of security policies
· Collaborating with security compliance leaders and technical security teams to define and implement security processes and procedures based on financial services requirements and industry-standard best practices. Defining the requirements and validating the procedures and audit testing methodology
· Assisting team members and internal clients in addressing highly complex security issues applicable to the banking and financial services cloud environment
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 10+yrs of IT Industry experience and Successful security compliance architects will possess 3-5years experience demonstrating the following skills or knowledge (required)
· Ability to understand and interpret laws and regulatory requirements related to the protection of financial and other sensitive data, and develop and implement appropriate processes to achieve and maintain compliance and reduce risk
· Experience with Cloud operations and network security services, including firewalls, intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, OS patching, system hardening/health checking
· Experience with container-based architectures and implementations such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc
· Excellent knowledge of security and risk management trends as well as emerging threats and vulnerabilities
· Expert knowledge of security controls and countermeasures including practical experience with identity management, cyber-security and IT processes / solutions
· Excellent skills in risk assessment processes, policy development, proposals, work statements, product evaluations, and delivery of technology
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience with compliance programs such as HiTRUST, FFIEC or FedRAMP/ FISMA, HIPAA, GDPR, SOC 2, or PCI
· Diagnosing the root cause of problems and propose solutions
· Expertise in system configuration, especially privilege control, and system level firewall
· Working in a challenging production environment
· Administering systems that are internet facing
· Excellent knowledge of application development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Dev Ops) and the processes and practices used to secure them
· Strong leadership and facilitation skills with an ability to build relationships with stakeholders
· Ability to stand firm on issues yet be flexible and creative when working with customers to find effective solutions
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail
· Project Management knowledge and experience a strong plus
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.