This position is a remote sysadmin type of position. In this position the candidate will work for a Spanish client on Windows platform support as part of the client squad with primary work involving the operational server administration, migrations and setup of Windows environments. The position will participate in team or company projects as required, maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in Windows technology, provide on-call support, and also migrations, architecture design, and implementation, and capacity planning. This position may also support the management of backup & recovery, clustering and high availability features.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Work as a collaborative member in a client squad. The following key activities may also be included:
* Migrations, moves and cloning of environments.
* Technical Configuration changes of environments.
* Configuration / Management of HA and DR capabilities in database environments, including clustering technologies.
* Testing of Clustering, Backup and Recovery (including Disaster Recovery).
* Performance tuning, alerting & monitoring, server configuration.
* Assessment and analysis of Windows environments.
* Participate in capacity management and planning activities.
* Platform layout changes for hosting environments.
* Implement and utilize the Release and Change Management as well as other ITIL processes.
* Working with application developers to integrate efforts with Windows platforms.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0386) IBM Data Storage Systems Information Technology LLC
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* some knowledge of Windows administration
* basic knowledge of Networking and Clustering and High Availability features
* fluent English
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
* 1-2 years experience in Windows system administration,
* intermediate Spanish
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.