As a Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating busines and technical requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact! You will work with various projects and clients, working towards client specifications. Your role will involve:
· Development for specific systems on a range of platforms including Linux-based, Microsoft and various mobile environments
· Working within the entire development life-cycle including design, build, and coding
· Using object-oriented programming languages and tools to deliver a range of solutions
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1387) IBM Service Centre UK Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 100% or 5 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Developing with modern frameworks like React (inc. Hooks) NodeJS (Express.js) and related technologies.
· Experience building secure RESTful APIs and working with JSON
· Experience working with control software such as Git
· Good grasp of CSS frameworks and patterns
· Building performance driven websites with an understanding of network traffic, HTTP requests and other performance focused enhancements
· Translating UI designs into responsive web applications, that are built to scale
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Working knowledge of how to utilise manual and automated testing (e.g. Jest)
· Experience working with GraphQL
· Experience working in an Agile environment
· Experience of full stack development –e.g. Java, node.js or similar
· Experience with development workflow tools e.g. Webpack/Babel
· Familiarity with deploying to a Cloud platform including DevOps tools, techniques and concept
· Familiar with software design patterns such as Functional Programming, Object Oriented programming
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Referral Promo Code
Travel: flexibility to travel across the UK up to 5 days a week (Travel allowance and travel expenses paid).
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.