The Project Manager leads cross functional teams to complete projects within the allotted timeline and budget. Participate in the development of work plans, schedules, project estimates and financials, resource plans, and status reports. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Coordinates technical efforts dealing with different aspects of IT environment. Effective communication, both verbal and written, is critical for successfully delivering projects and ensuring client satisfaction.
· IT Infrastructure Project Management - responsible for the delivery of tasks and to ensure projects complete on time, within budget and with the expected functionality
· Directs the efforts of the project team
· A flexible work schedules.
· Responsibility for managing low to high complexity projects, or projects within programs that may span multiple regions and/or multiple functions.
· Owns scheduling, coordinating, assigning resources, and assisting in recommending business solutions/alternatives for projects
· Assesses, identifies, and manages project risks, issues, escalations and problem resolutions
· Facilitates jeopardy resolution across the project team and communicates plans with client team
· Manages project scope and ensures completion of projects while meeting quality
· Acts as project liaison between IT partners, client organizations and AT&T IT leadership.
· Ensure team is updated on the status of their infrastructure delivery/migration and help track down answers or resolve issues on their behalf – Strong communication skills is required
· Owns overall health of the project
· Act as the end to end escalation point of the project team
· Ensure technical documents meet timelines and outline the necessary scope and deliverables
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0804) IBM Business Transformation Center, S.r.l.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 1-3 years of experience with data center infrastructure/network related projects
· Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
· Knowledge of lifecycle, cost, delivery and support aspects about one or more of the following areas: SAN/NAS Storage, Servers, Hypervisors, Cloud, Windows, VMware, Virtual Appliances, Physical Network, Network Services, Enterprise Backup and Recovery.
· Advance English level
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
•PMP Certification Desired
Secondary Job Category
Other Project Management
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what's next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.