The IBM Law Department is currently seeking a qualified Finnish lawyer to join the team in Dublin. We are looking for a candidate with strong commercial and corporate experience gained from a reputable private practice or in-house environment, preferably with a focus on technology. In such role, you will support the Finnish and other Nordic business teams in sales negotiations, tenders, including public tenders and related legal matters, in coordination with local and international teams.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1679) Software Labs Campus Unlimited Company
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Qualified Finnish lawyer with at least 4-6 years PQE in commercial law firm or in-house in an international environment - ideally, you will have both law firm and corporate experience in a multinational company.
· Knowledge of commercial contract law, anti-trust, company law, labour law, Intellectual Property and litigation.
· Solid experience in drafting, negotiating and vetting commercial contracts that address complex/difficult issues.
· Ability to manage outside counsel.
· Strong command of English and Finnish (spoken and written).
· Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast paced, rapidly evolving and demanding industry and work environment.
· Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment, process and communicate legal concepts and positions articulately and persuasively at all levels in simple, commercial and practical terms.
· Comfortable and confident in dealing directly with all levels of management.
· You are able to work autonomously but also enjoy working in a collaborative team based environment, and build trustworthy relationships with colleagues and clients.
· Self starter, highly motivated, strong work ethics.
· Pro-active and customer oriented, business acumen, flexible and agile being able to multi-task and prioritise competing requirements
· Ability to determine appropriate action/solutions to complex legal and business issues dealing with clients and customers.
· Open to innovation and keen to bring forward ideas to continuously improve and enhance the way we work and deliver; eager to continually learn and develop professionally
· Must demonstrate strong commitment for integrity and promote values and mission of the company and of the legal and compliance department.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· LLM or other post graduate qualification is an advantage.
· Proven experience in Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Labour Law, Litigation and/or M&A is a preferred asset. Exposure to IT Law or international commercial contracts is an advantage.
· Experience in advising on technology contracts or experience that demonstrates capability to work in the technology space.
· Nordic cross border experience a plus and preferred.
· Team management experience preferred.
· Knowledge of any additional language is an advantage.
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might
mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern,
please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to join a team of talented lawyers supporting IBM to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let's talk
Your Life @ IBM
Joining IBM Law Department may open up career opportunities in a wide range of disciplines. To ensure your success, IBM will contribute to your skills development. You will join a company with a powerful reputation for success, which is focused on innovation, growth and new technologies. We strive to continually lead with our values and beliefs that enable IBMers to develop their potential, and engage in the inclusive work environment.
About Business Unit
The successful candidate will join IBM Law Department as part of an international team located in Dublin, providing legal support to local business in EU markets, including Nordic and Finland, and assisting on a range of Trust and Compliance matters, as well as Data Privacy matters, across geographies.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.