SYSzART19 / #GHOST
Do you have a passion for learning and applying modern hardware engineering practices? Are you excited to use these practices to deliver and manage mission critical platforms with high quality? Do you like being the first customer of new technology? Can you communicate complex ideas to the masses? Are you a quick thinker? Are you innovative and like to find new ways of doing things? If so, please read on.
Hardware Systems assurance role on a team whereby an individual would be a PTO (primary test owner) for key functions of the Power Systems Hardware Development test organization. Individual would be responsible for creating test plans, determining new stress environments, ensuring test plans are executed and working with development organizations and peers to ensure full validation of a given function/hardware. The area of focus would be System I/O and Storage.
This role is responsible for using logic simulation or formal verification techniques to validate that the hardware DUV (design under verification) functions according to specifications. Responsibilities in this role include designing and performing the validation tests or building the tools required to conduct the verification tests. The employee:
· Influences the functional strategy
· Analyzes complex/new situations, anticipates potential problems and future trends, assesses opportunities, impacts, and risks
· Develops and implements Test solutions
· Leads multi-functional teams, or conducts special projects working both within the US and internationally
· Has vision of functional or unit mission
· Influences people and organizations, including executive management, when issues are complex/difficult
· Has considerable latitude in responsibilities to define and decide on tools, processes, priorities and resources following general business unit directives
· Is recognized as an expert in their field. Sometimes no precedent exists
· Brings leading edge thinking and innovation to Test solutions
· Understands organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies
· Guides other professionals
· Adapts communications and approaches to conclude negotiations with various partners, resulting in common agreements
· Is accountable for projects or programs
· Responsible for overall functional program success. Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact functional, business unit, or country costs or expenses.
The individual will be the first customer of the new Power platforms, ensuring that the new technology is ready for IBM's customers. In their day-to-day job, they will leverage state of the art technologies to reshape test into a more agile process through automation and constant feedback. Primary role will be to test both I/O, Storage, and Storage Drawers across the Power Systems platforms utilizing AIX, IBM i and Linux operating systems. Virtualization will also be validated including IBM PowerVM, Linux KVM and Hybrid Cloud configurations.
· Work with Development to create and/or identify testcases (often automated) for function or drawer verification.
· Work with Test Architect in creating test plan for I/O and drawer validation.
· Work with full Test Team to ensure execution of test plan.
· Assist in debugging issues discovered during test plan execution and assisting Development in addressing defects.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Hardware Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 5+ years of experience with PCIe interfaces
· 3+ years of experience with SSCI, SATA and SAS drive interfaces
· 1+ year of experience with NVMe interface
· Demonstrated experience in hardware testing and validation
· Demonstrated communication skills in a distributed team environment
· 5+ years of experience in leading team execution
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience in working in an agile environment
· Exposure to SLACK, Trello, Mural and Github
Secondary Job Category
Other Hardware Development & Support
You must be wiling and able to perform job duties in Austin, TX.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you'll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today's market.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.