The IBM Client Innovation Center in Monroe, Louisiana has immediate openings for Full Stack Developers. As a Full Stack Developer, you will help develop new full stack solutions for clients and help maintenance a diverse set of solutions using industry standard best practices. Your work will be spread across many industries and sectors. You will have access to the latest education, tools, and technology to help guide growth and change for clients and your career.
In this role, you will:
· Help clients develop and maintain software solutions using IEEE standards and best practices
· Communicate with clients, project managers, and business analysts using technical expertise, risk and objectives
· Help maintain a growth mindset with peers
· Help uphold and maintain the Software Development Life Cycle Process
· Become a System Matters Expert for various implementation of software solutions Successful candidates for this position will work on-site at the IBM Client Innovation Center in East Lansing, MI. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from the East Lansing center. However, some travel is expected, and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday through Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Michigan. The work location is 195 Crescent Rd, East Lansing, MI 48823. This is not a work from home position.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 2 years in a Full Stack Software Engineering environment
· 2 years experience in the Software Development Life Cycle process
· 1 year experience with the basics of the agile process
· 2 years experience developing in Microsoft .NET or Java web frameworks
· 1 year experience with one or more database technologies, can be relational or non relational, such as Postgress, Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, Moria, Mongo, Dynamo
· Proficient in front-end and back-end integrations
· Proficient in Windows or Linux server environments
· Proficient in source control (Gilt or SVN)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 3 years experience in a Full Stack Software Engineering Environment
· Experience with Java Frameworks such as Springs, Quarkus, Jersey
· Experience with Microsoft .NET or .NET Core (MVC, Entity)
· 2 years experience in database technologies
· Proficient in cloud technologies such as IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google
· Proficient in basic DevOps strategy and implementation
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
New Collar Role
Referral Promo Code
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.