The Satellite Link Full stack Developer is responsible for writing and maintaining the code of satellite Link which operates in Kubernetes and Redhat Openshift all over the world. Satellite link is core IBM technology to connect IBM public cloud to customer locations around the world. You will work closely with the security architects and other developers of Satellite and Satellite Link to develop new functionality into the Satellite link and Satellite code and interfaces.
What You'll Do:
· Participate in design workshops focused on developing new Satellite and Satellite Link functionality
· Write code into Satellite Link API and other microservices to extend and enhance functionality
· Occasionally contribute to security issues that conflict with changes in underlying software and libraries
· Contribute to the maintenance of security vulnerabilities and update the software with the pipeline to remove issues with vulnerabilities.
· Contribute to and integrate end to end testing to ensure new code rolled out does not break functionality.
· Create training materials for SREs and Developers on interacting with and consuming the pipeline as required.
· Work closely with development to improve the timeliness of rolling out new code and make it easier to interact with the pipeline.
· Address any issues with internal pipeline tools (primarily Travis)
· Pager Duty coverage for pipeline services for Satellite Link as required. Who You Are:
· Experience writing node.js code for enterprise use
· Experience with agile development methodology
· Familiar with working with open source software and communities
· Able to come up with software solutions to specific functionality requirements (Innovative)
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to work independently, with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment to teamwork. You have a volunteer spirit with a 'we succeed as a team' attitude.
· Able to be agile with dynamic schedules and priorities.
· Like to solve challenging problems and think of new ways to deliver better content to our clients Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Must have at least 3+ years experience working as a Back-end developer
· Node.js programming knowledge
· Running and developing node.js code in cloud environments
· Carbon design system development experience
· Reconciling node dependency issues
· Public Cloud providers (AWS/Azure/GCP/IBM Public Cloud)
· Familiarity integrating with external APIs and SDKs
· Redhat Enterprise Linux OS
· End to End testing experience
· Agile or continuous delivery development environment
· Ability to analyze and derive insights from quantitative and qualitative user feedback
· Open source software communities and development
· UI development skills (preferably in Carbon Design technology)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Node.js performance optimization on kubernetes architectures
· Git or GitHub
· Experience working in an agile, squad-based, continuous delivery development model
Secondary Job Category
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.