At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of empathy and human connection. We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as unique individuals, to enable us to design and deliver personal experiences . With over 590 properties around the world, our brands include: Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House Hyatt Ziva, and Hyatt Zilara
Our Communication Centre is the hub of all phone calls across all divisions at Grand Hyatt Melbourne. This Full Time Team leader role will lead a department of passionate Guest Service Officers in providing exceptional customer service to all guests, both internal and external. In addition to taking charge of key communication channels in our large and fast-paced hotel, the position also calls for the overseeing of key administration tasks to support the overall Rooms Division.
Key functions of the role include:
· To provide complete and detailed training of all Guest Service - Guest Service Officers and ensure they have a full knowledge of all aspects of telephone system and associated equipment and procedures
· To ensure the Guest Service guest request database is being used at all time to keep an accurate tracking of any guest requests
· To maintain a clean and accurate employee directory
· To have complete knowledge of all technical aspects of the Guest Services Department as well as being able to monitor and pinpoint faults quickly and attend them immediately.
· To liaise with hotel staff at all levels, developing a good working relationship and inter-departmental communication
· To handle any administrative tasks related to Guest Services
· Ensure staff appraisals are conducted on due dates and action plans implemented for any development/remedial action as required
· Monitor employee morale and provide mechanisms for performance feedback and development
· To ensure rosters and Microster are up to date and completed on schedule
Ideal candidate profile
The successful candidate will have
· Strong situational leadership skills
· An amazing personality across the telephone with a passion for providing exceptional customer service
· Excellent Computer Skills particularly in the use of MS Office and Opera
· Availability to work a rotating roster, including late evenings, weekends, overnights and public holidays
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
· Above Award wage rates
· Discounted meals in our trendy associate restaurant
· Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide (Full Time and Part Time only)
· Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family
· Food and Beverage discounts at Australian-based Hyatt properties
· Fully laundered uniforms
· Learning & Development opportunities
· Discounted Gym Membership at our City Club
How to Apply?
Please click the Apply Now button. Don't forget to include a cover letter and let us know “why you're passionate about joining our team”.
Please note that visa sponsorship will not be considered for this role