Five-star Hyatt Regency Amsterdam , brings botany & sustainability to life with an award-winning living interior, botanical inspired guestrooms, a passion for discovering our up and coming East neighborhood and a buzzing Indonesian Restaurant, Mama Makan.
Are you ready?
Because we are looking for a Housekeeping Team Leader !
· A junior leader (not by age, but by experience);
· A natural motivator and go-to person for the entire Housekeeping team;
· A problem-solver with a hands-on mentality;
· Someone with an eye for detail, always looking for new ways to enhance the guests’ stay;
· Someone who is able to juggle daily operations, projects and administration – all in a day!
What does the ROLE entail?
· Supervising and coordinating the activities of the Housekeeping team;
· Ensuring team delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times;
· Examining all guest rooms, to ensure they are cleaned in accordance to the hotel’s standards;
· Ensuring all linens are handled and processed according to their priority and standards;
· Conducting briefings on room occupancy, daily events, and special attention that may be needed;
· Maximizing employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling, to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests;
· Overseeing the punctuality and appearance of the team, ensuring they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, as per Hotel’s standards;
· Maximizing the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring;
What’s in it for YOU?
· An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
· 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets;
· A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
· Travel Allowance, starting from a 5 kilometers travel distance from the hotel.
· Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
· 25 Vacation days
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
· To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to “Headspace App” for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
· Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
· Hotel gym access
“Careers at Hyatt don’t have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee’s individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice”
· International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
· Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
· A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues; from e-learning to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
“Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all”
· An International team of over 15 different nationalities
· Focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshops and classroom trainings
HyPride Amsterdam Video
· 1+ years’ experience in a Leadership role within a Hotel’s Housekeeping team, being used to and comfortable with leading shifts, inspecting rooms and handling administrative tasks;
· Very familiar with the Housekeeping department, having relevant experience and knowledge for the position, and the ability to onboard and train new colleagues;
· Good communication skills in English, and preferably in Dutch as well;
· A relevant degree in Hospitality or Tourism, or equivalent on-the-job training;
· A flexible schedule, able to adjust your time as needed to cover shifts;
· Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
Are WE what YOU are looking for?
If the answer is YES , then please send us your CV and all the reasons why WE are what YOU are looking for!