About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Room Checker in Housekeeping, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the department through supervising and training new and current associates, whilst ensuring adherence to the standards required by the department and Hotel.
Working amongst a team of 60, you will support the Housekeeping Manager in the day to day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
Some of the responsibilities include:
· Respond to all guest requests for items to be delivered to our rooms
· To record any VIPs’ activities, problem areas or follow-up work in the daily diary or logbook.
· Ensuring that all Lost Property is properly recorded and assist in located property reported to be lost.
· Confident use of the department’s computer and software systems.
· Creating reports, lists and logs as required.
· Maintaining a record of cleaning schedule i.e. window cleaning, carpet shampooing, marble waxing, brass polishing, drapery cleaning, mattress turning, bedspread cleaning, blanket cleaning, and general room cleaning.
· Conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
· Report lost and damaged items following the proper procedures.
· To maintain a daily record of spa cleaning in rooms
· Greet all guest with whom you come into contact with and assist them with any special requests they may have
· Previous Housekeeping experience within a hotel environment (four or five star hotel experience is preferred) or similar fast-paced, cleaning services environment
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
· Good interpersonal and communication skills with proficiency in the English language
· The ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
· Superior customer service skills with the ability to act consistently with clear ethics and values in accordance to confidentially
· The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of 5 star grooming standards
· The flexibility to work on rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.hyatt.jobs