About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Handyperson, you will be responsible for assisting the Engineering department in ensuring the hotel is well maintained and guests’ needs are met in accordance with Hyatt International’s brand standards. Working in a team of 7, you will support the Engineering Manager and team in the day to day operations to achieve our purpose.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
Some of the responsibilities include:
· Carry out a range of repair work to areas throughout the hotel including but not limited to minor plumbing, plastering, rendering, tiling, woodwork and paintwork
· Attend to all guest and colleague requests in a timely and professional manner
· Assist any tradesmen in the completion of tasks as required
· Report any malfunctions on plant and equipment as situations arise
· Assist suppliers and contractors as required
· Previous work experience in a hotel or similar fast-paced environment
· The necessary skills to be able to perform painting, carpentry, concreting, tiling and other general maintenance
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication and time management skills
· Superior customer service skills along with the capability of working both autonomously and as part of a team
· The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of 5-star grooming standards
· The flexibility to work on a rotating roster including weekends and public holidays
*Due to the effect of COVID-19 on border restrictions, we are currently only considering applications of those currently residing in Australia with working rights.
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.hyatt.jobs