About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Porter, you will be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the Bell Desk department by promptly assisting guests entering and leaving the hotel, whilst providing an excellent and consistent level of service to our customers in accordance with Hyatt International’s brand standards. Working in a team of 20, you will support the Bell Desk Assistant Manager in the day to day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
Some of the responsibilities include:
· Meet and greet all guests arriving and departing the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner
· Verify arrival and departure details and arrange luggage handling, storage, security and transportation and other services requested by guests
· Safely valet park vehicles into the car park
· Handling guest enquires and requests and to be familiar with Melbourne and its surroundings
· Ensuring the driveway, door and main entrances are always kept clean and tidy and all signs are in the correct positions
· Opening doors for all guests
· Promptly taking guest luggage efficiently to and from the guestrooms
· Assist Concierge with basic functions
· Full Australian driver’s license with the ability to operate both manual and automatic vehicles (International driver’s license may be considered)
· Previous work experience in a similar fast-paced hotel operations environment
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (with advanced proficiency of the English language) along with the ability to confidentially interact with guests via telephone, email and in person.
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
· Superior customer service skills along with excellent service resolution skills
· The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
· The ability to work under pressure and possess great attention to detail
· Ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of 5-star grooming standards
· The flexibility to work on a rotating 24/7 roster, including public holidays
* Due to the effect of COVID-19 on border restrictions, we are currently only considering applications of those currently residing in Australia with full working rights.
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.hyatt.jobs