Main Duties and responsibilities:
· Provides the appropriate level of professional, courteous and caring service to other employees (internal customers) and other visitors to the division.
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Responsible for facilitating efficient communications for both guests and staff both within the hotel and for external communications.
· Confidently operates switchboard consoles, paging system, and associated computer equipment in accordance with departmental procedures.
· Connects local and international calls quickly, courteously and accurately.
· Handles wake-up calls as requested with accuracy, whether they be automatic programmed or personal wake-up calls.
· Acts proficiently in all aspects of emergency procedures. Remains calm, alert, and efficient in the event of a major incident or problem at the hotel and maintains professional discretion.
· Contributes and maintains businesslike working environment ensuring minimal background noise and conversation which could be transmitted through sensitive headsets.
· Provides quality service to guests, staff, and incoming calls and a wide range of information pertaining to the hotel and Activities in and around the island.
· Reports and logs various problems which occur during the shift and passes all relevant information to relieving operator on commencement of duty.
· Accepts and relays messages for guests and hotel personnel.
· Projects the image of courteous, friendly service at all times.
· Answers and connects all incoming calls from both in and out of house.
· Coordinates with Concierge and Front Desk with pending messages, faxes, etc.
· Be fully conversant in all hotel products and services in order to handle guest enquiries efficiently and courteously.
· Provides general information to guests when necessary.
· Takes accurate messages, morning call requests, reservations and orders for/from guests.
· Ensures that all reservations, orders, requests, etc. are accurately and quickly relayed to the correct department at all times.
· Ensure that brand standards have been implemented
· Respond to the results of the Brand Standard Audit and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Works in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments in line with our purpose.
· Support the hotels target for NPS and customer service.
· Ensure that the defined ISO standards are followed while on duty
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Hyatt.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
· Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal grooming and hygiene standard.
· Responds to changes in the Communications function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Degree / Diploma in Hotel Management
· Relevant Work Experience