Park Hyatt Sydney is recruiting for a professional Guest Service Offier to join their Front Office team. Join us to redefine luxury.
About the Role
In the role of Guest Service Officer you will be responsible for the guest’s arrival and departure experience. Reporting to the Front Office Manager, you will be enjoying an inclusive working environment within a dynamic team that extends beyond the realms of Front Office.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your professional hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
· Personally and frequently verifies that guests are receiving the best possible service during arrival and departure.
· To accept room reservations accurately and efficiently and enter the reservation into the computer system immediately.
· To be familiar with the handling of cashiering functions.
· Verifies arrival and departure details and arranges luggage handling and transportation and other services requested by guests.
· To have a sound knowledge of the local environment with regard to attractions, places of interest, restaurants, shopping areas etc.
· Works closely with other Front Office personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
Ideal candidate profile
· Good Computer Skills particularly in the use of MS Office.
· Ability to work under pressure
· Positive, can-do attitude
· Diploma/certificate in Hospitality or Tourism Management is desirable
· Knowledge of Opera/Fidelio is desirable
· Preferable prerequisite knowledge of the Travel/Hotel industry but not essential
Working at Park Hyatt Sydney will include:
· Access to employee benefits such as complimentary shift meals, discounts for the Spa and all Food and Beverage outlets
· Access to complimentary and discounted Hyatt accommodation worldwide
· Access to internationally recognised learning and development programs and opportunities
· Access to an employee assistance program and paid family leave benefits
· Being part of a diverse and inclusive team, passionate about their work
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces with the aim to create an authentic culture of care and service.
Our values of Empathy, Integrity, Respect, Inclusion, Experimentation and Wellbeing are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.careers.hyatt.com