Main Duties and responsibilities:
· Maintains the Daily Log Book.
· Reports “Lost and Found” items.
· Ensures that all Front Office employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· Works towards achieving the customer satisfaction survey scores set for the department.
· Ensures that Front Office employees provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
· Ensures that all Front Office employees are familiar with the hotel’s products and services, current promotions, policies and other important information
· Assists to implement consistent guest recognition programmes and maintains a relevant guest history database.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Personally and frequently verify that guests are receiving the best possible service during check-in and check-out.
· Ensures that the area is managed well by the respective team and deliver the brand promise.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Ensures that guest history records are accurately maintained and all repeat guests are pre-registered.
· Coordinates VIP movements with relevant Departments as advised.
· Assists to maximize employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment
· Ensures that hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of information.
· Assists the Front Office Management Team in efficiently managing the department according to the established concept statement providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times
· Ensures the strict control of room keys.
· Liaises and organizes with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules for VIP’s in - house and arrivals are strictly adhered to.
· Coordinates all Repair and Maintenance and reports maintenance job orders.
· Understands rate structure and promotional rates available.
· Understands the sequence of duties related to VIP Guests.
· Assists in making sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Rooms Top 20 have been implemented.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Ensure that brand standards have been implemented
· Respond to the results of the Brand Standard Audit and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Support the hotels target for NPS and customer service.
· Ensure that the defined ISO standards are followed while on duty.
· Ensures that Front Office employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in line with our purpose.
· Works closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
· Ensures that all guest details are entered correctly in accordance with the principles of clean data.
· Assists to ensure the punctuality and appearance of all Front Desk employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Assist to conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with Grand Club employees, supports them in their professional development goals
· Assist in the planning and implementation of effective training programmes for all Front Desk employees in coordination with the Departmental Trainers.
· Supports Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and assistance at monthly meetings.
· Assist to develop the skills and effectiveness of all Front Desk employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Assist to prepare and posts weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
· Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Support the implementation of our purpose, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s values, Hyatt regency guiding principle and leadership profile.
· Ensures that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
· Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Hyatt.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations, especially travel agencies, local business groups and airlines.
· Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal grooming and hygiene standard.
· Responds to changes in the Rooms function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Degree / Diploma in Hotel Management
· Relevant Work Experience