· Responsible for facilitating efficient communications for both guests and employees both within the hotel and for external communications.
· Confidently operates switchboard consoles, paging system, and associated computer equipment in accordance with departmental procedures.
· Handles personal wake-up calls as requested with accuracy, whether they be automatic programmed or personal wake-up calls.
· Acts proficiently in all aspects of emergency procedures. Remains calm, alert, and efficient in the event of a major incident or problem at the hotel and maintains professional discretion.
· Be fully conversant in all hotel products and services in order to handle guest enquiries efficiently and courteously.
· To log all requests and to ensure that the required follow up actions occurs within 15 minutes
· Good Telephone and communication skills
· Good Computer Skills particularly in the use of MS Office.
· Good organisational skills
· Able to work well under pressure
· Fluent in English
· 6 months experience in a hotel of comparable standards is desired