· Closely works together with other departments to assess and support their internal and external communications needs.
· Establishes and maintains the hotel library and photographic image filing
· Continuously updates press kits.
· Develops good community contacts among government, businesses, associations, etc. and represents the hotel at public functions. Supports ad-hoc events and or projects in the community.
· Maintains a perpetual analysis of competitor’s marketing and communication activities in the local market.
· Assists the Director of Sales by maintaining accurate records of up to date marketing expenditures, future commitments and remaining budget for the year.
· Serves as the Webmaster for hotel’s Webpage and Internet related exposure and advertising.
· Be aware of community, business, political and social factors that may affect the hotel’s financial performance.
· Assists in the implementation of the hotel’s Marketing Communications Strategy (goals, tactics and actions) to achieve and exceed forecasted revenue figures in Rooms, Food and Beverage, and all other revenue generating departments.
· Ensures that Marketing Communications activities are aligned with the Corporate Marketing Strategy, and the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
· Assists in the preparation and update of the Departmental Operations Manuals.
· Attends regular departmental marketing communications meetings and ensure departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
· Ensures that Marketing Communications employees provide excellent service to external customers, as well as internal customers in other departments.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Establishes an annual and fully integrated communications program with measurable objectives, strategies and action steps.
· Assists in the preparation, utilization and update of an Annual Marketing Plan, broken down as necessary by division and/or department.
· Measures, interprets, prioritizes and evaluates the effectiveness of marketing communications activities through an ROI analysis and adjust as necessary.
· Develops and maintains active contacts with the press and key media people, and evaluates all media solicitations and exposures.
· Monitors all current attitudes and public statements concerning the hotel in foreign and local media.
· Ensures adequate targeted publicity and coverage of the hotel’s positioning, promotional programs, corporate image building and other activities.
· Assesses advertising needs and opportunities for the hotel and obtains initial approval of local media campaign proposals from the Director of Sales and General Manager.
· Ensures that all hotel advertising and collateral (local Food and Beverage, recruitment, etc.) are of consistent high standards, and that they comply with HI’s brand standards.
· Recommends and develops proposals and directs and implements below the line sales promotions, with external partners such as credit card companies, banks, department stores, airlines, etc. to support the advertising and sales campaigns.
· Closely works with Director of sales – Strategy / Marketing Analyst to maximize use of the targeted market information including customer profile, behavior, and yield for the planning and evaluation of marketing communications.
· Maximizes employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Assists with establishing annual marketing communications budgets, including above the line advertising, public relations, sales promotions and publicity that will form part of the hotel’s business plan.
· Maintains complete records of all media and purchase agreements, contracts and quotes for the hotel.
· Assists in monthly re-forecasting.
· Assists in managing costs based on key performance indicators.
· Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information
· Assists in the recruitment and selection of Marketing Communications employees. Follows hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
· Ensures the punctuality and appearance of all Marketing Communications employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Conducts annual Performance Development Discussions and supports Marketing Communications employees in their professional development goals.
· Plans and implements effective training program for Marketing Communications employees in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
· Maximizes the effectiveness of every Marketing Communications employee by developing each individuals’ skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Ensures Marketing Communications employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures Marketing Communications employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
Ideally with a relevant MBA, degree or diploma in Marketing or Marketing and Sales management. Minimum 2 years work experience as Assistant Manager MARCOM in larger operation. Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.