About Hyatt Centric Melbourne:
Hyatt Centric Melbourne will be positioned as a cosmopolitan hotel in a central city location, where stories of exploration and discovery are created in an ever-evolving digital world.
The hotel will be active in the local community, embracing and supporting local businesses and creating unique stories around the hotel's services, facilities, and offerings.
Hyatt Centric Melbourne will be the home for dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic team catering for the curious traveller, whether in Melbourne on business or leisure.
This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of Melbourne’s newest five star hotel, opening in December 2021, and the only Hyatt Centric in Australia.
As the Assistant Manager – Front Office, you will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the hotel whilst embodying Hyatt Centric Brand Promise. Ensuring all guests’ needs are met, luggage and valet parking is delivered efficiently and all guests are checked in and out with friendly, memorable service and no delays.
At Hyatt Centric, we pride ourselves on teamwork and shared experiences, so there will be times you will be asked to assist in managing and delivering service in other areas of the hotel.
In this role, you will support the Front Office Manager in supervising and managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel. With a key focus on the hotel’s lobby and arrival experience; and developing an energetic and passionate front office team whom deliver exceptional service.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
We are looking for a professional hospitality enthusiast, who is curious minded, energetic, passionate, is connected to the latest and newest offerings in Melbourne, and someone who loves researching to find new opportunities. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Some of the responsibilities include:
· Supervision and Support of Front Office employees, ensuring exceptional and efficient service is delivered at all times.
· Handling all guest complaints, as well as internal customer complaints and enquiries in a friendly and efficient manner
· Assists the Front Office Manager to plan and implement effective training programmes for all Front Office Team Leaders and Hosts.
· Assist the Front Office Manager in creating departmental policies and procedures, implementing Hyatt brand standards and ensuring all are upheld in the ongoing operation.
· Manage hotel inventory and rooming allocation of all guests.
· Encourage employees to be creative, innovative and share their experiences, challenging and recognising them for their contributions to the success of the operation
· Delegation of tasks and responsibilities to staff and performance management.
· Responsibility for the Hotel in absence of The General Manager and other Senior Management.
· Assist in the rostering of staff ensuring the department is adequately manned according to occupancy, service and costs
· Be a local Melbourne Expert, share you experiences and knowledge with our guests and colleagues and learn of new experiences from others, exploring and researching.
· The flexibility to work on rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and keep calm under pressure
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor, coach, train and motivate team members
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills along with strong service recovery skills
· Victorian Responsible Service of alcohol
· Front Office or Hotel Supervisory experience is advantageous.
Hyatt Centric employees enjoy, but are not limited to;
· In house training programs and initiatives
· Flexible work; attire, hours, leave and location
· Investment in your career development through training, opportunities and mentor-ship
· Discounted and complimentary accommodation across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
· Complimentary laundry
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt