Hyatt Regency & Hyatt House Manchester is dual branded property set in the heart of Manchester’s Innovation District. This elegant and modern city-centre hotel is where people gather to learn, create, work, socialise and conduct business. Be inspired by the dynamic hustle of Manchester Oxford Road and find yourself within easy access to the city centre, major tourist attractions and transport hubs. The hotel features 212 guestrooms in Hyatt Regency and 116 guestrooms in Hyatt House. Our Laureate Restaurant, serving inspiring and delicious cuisine, with a menu that celebrates one of the UK’s most multicultural cities. Or, take advantage of our Graduate Bar featuring an atrium, lounge and outdoor terrace seating, effortlessly delivers memorable moments over delicious cocktails and smaller bites. Our dedicated events floor also includes seven meeting rooms, from the more informal Turing Room to the Rothwell suite for up to 230 people.
At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best’. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun.
About the role:
As Accounts Clerk, you will be responsible for recording, invoicing and maintaining the AP ledger as well as auditing revenues recognition and cash transactions. Some of the key tasks include but are not limited to:
· Preparation of month end journals
· Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
· Ensuring the supplier pricing is accurate and provides value to maintain and improve cost of sales efficiencies
· Establishes, reviews and maintains all internal control systems within the hotel in every area of operation, in accordance with Company procedures
· Controls creditors by ensuring clear defined controls in accordance with the company AP compliance policy
· Maintain and perform accurate billings, ensuring any variances are reconciled
· Prepares & updates Bank Reconciliation daily to maintain a cash flow
· Assist with Accounts Receivable duties
· Assist with Banking & Cashiering duties
· Recording and analysis of F&B Audits
· Preparing invoices and sending them to the customers on a daily basis
· Reconciling payables ledger balances
· To Support in the Balancing of credit card totals daily
· Processing, Preparing and reconciling Supplier statements in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures
· To assist in the audit of all M&E charges in addition to miscellaneous charges posted to PM accounts
· Ensuring discrepancies are resolved in an efficient manner on a daily basis
· Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Deals with all accounting and control matters in the hotel, in accordance with Company policy, statutory requirements and best commercial practice
· Reviews and maintains all internal control systems within the hotel in every area of operation, in accordance with Company procedures
· Meets all accounting deadlines and ensure that all figures reported are complete and accurate.
· Welcomes and facilitates business and organisational changes
· Sustains a working environment that supports the Company’s objective of consistently treating its employees in a fair and reasonable way
Ideal candidate profile
You will preferably have experience in a similar role, and most importantly be eager to develop yourself to grow personally and professionally integrating a caring team in a vibrant, fun and growing company!
You will have the following key skills:
· Effective communication skills in written and spoken English
· Proficient level of numerical, administrative and IT Skills
· Be an excellent team worker
· Good knowledge of Excel is a must
· Knowledge and user experience of Iscala an advantage
· Knowledge and use of BirchStreet Procurement System and added advantage
If you are a motivated Accounts Clerk with experience in Hotels or restaurants, who would like to take on a new challenge, learn & develop we would love to hear from you.
What’s in it for you?
· 12 free nights per year of service across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
· Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
· Discounts of up to 50% in our Hyatt UK restaurants & bars
· Uniform provided and laundered complimentary
· Complimentary meals on duty
· Refer a friend bonus £500 per colleague introduced
· Workplace pension scheme
· Annual season ticket loan
· Cycle 2 work scheme
· Continuous learning and development
Are you ready for a dynamic environment where you can truly shine?
This role is subject to right to work check as per UK employment law.