The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Workplace and Construction Manager.
· Plan, drive and manage the respective sub-functional area of Corporate Real Estate across the region
· Be the expert in area of specialism and a leading technical Subject Matter Expert (SME), is accountable for the sub-function being appropriately managed and services delivered in line with Corporate Service strategy balancing performance, cost and risk mitigation
· Oversee and supervise the Smaller market Country SME & Supplier Manager to ensure all roles and responsibilities are understood and complied with including the accuracy of information being reported
· Lead and manage regional relationships with the supplier(s) providing clarity on roles and responsibilities and acting as the main point of escalation for activities at a country level to maintain performance standards
· In partnership with the supplier(s), ensures any underperformance is addressed at a regional level to ensure no negative impact on the business
· Any operational enhancements and value-add services to be implemented and cascaded across region. Leading on the recommendations for change to improve existing processes across the global function
· Use SME experience and knowledge to coach individuals and implement enhancements to best practice or performance within countries and across the sub-function
· Collaborate with and proactively manage stakeholders in the relevant business, functions and within CS to maximize the integrated planning, budgeting, service enhancements and delivery for the Bank
· Experience of identifying and successfully integrating propositional or product nuance and design, in particular in Digital propositions
· Significant experience in managing Corporate Service Subject Matter Expert activities at country and regional levels
· Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects of timely and quality results in different geographies
· Demonstrated results in delivering successful risk management and control processes
· Good working knowledge of Real Estate technology platforms for planning, analysis and decision making.
· Experience in transformation and deployment of outsourcing and technology
· Sound understanding of how banks operate and the key challenges faced in the operative environment
· Demonstrated results in managing Suppliers and Supplier or stakeholder issues
· Proven ability to prioritize competing demands and handle ambiguity
· Professional qualification in a Project Management discipline or a relevant equivalent
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and people management skills
· Strong organisational, planning and project management skills
· Demonstrated commerciality on supplier management and SME areas balancing costs, customer demands, meeting high standards and CS's requirements, and supplier relationship management.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.