Role Title: Trustee Administrator
Business: Business Processing
New or Existing Role- Replacement
· Support the Trustee Managers in providing a high quality trustee and depositary monitoring service to ensure that clients comply with the FCA rules and in accordance with the Trustee and Depositary Services corporate trusteeship responsibilities. Maintain excellent relationships with clients and their third party administrators communicating with them in a professional, clear and concise manner, meeting all deadlines
Impact on the Business:
· Undertake a programme of trustee checks, as assigned, in accordance with all relevant internal, legal, Bank and Group Compliance Policies and procedures. Checks include but are not limited to:
· Reconciliation reviews
· XD process and all associated tasks
· Investment and borrowing power checks (manual & automated)
· Overdraft monitoring, including persistency checks
· Derivative monitoring
· Creation/Cancellation process and all associated tasks
· Inspecie checks
· Price checks
· Fee authorisation and payments
· Resolve complex enquiries and queries on time and in accordance with current guidelines.
· Identify client and third party administrators' requirements accurately.
· Provide clear and concise written and verbal responses, and resolve outstanding queries within agreed timescales.
· Share knowledge and experience with colleagues.
· Provide information confidently and in a structured manner.
· Report perceived operational risks in line with market conditions and regulatory requirements.
· Assist in the review of procedures.
· When requested review procedures, utilising knowledge and understanding of the task.
· Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
· Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· PC and systems skills
· A good knowledge of the Securities industry as a whole.
· Good knowledge of the COLL rule book
· A willingness to study for professional qualifications (IOC)
· Preferably some experience in the Collective industry plus
· An understanding of the fundamentals of a securities environment, preferably with a trustee or custody background
· A high level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication
· Able to work under pressure
· Planning, organising and teamwork skills
· Positive attitude including the ability to adapt to changing environment
· Customer focus
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.