Transaction Risk Management – Customer Credit Associate Apprenticeship – Global Trade and Receivables Finance
Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or simply take you in an exciting new direction. HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. As a HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential, which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
This is an exciting new permanent opportunity within our Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF) team, which will see successful applicants join as a Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship, a 2-year Apprenticeship programme.
GTRF is a key strategic business for the HSBC Group under CMB and its history is mixed with almost 150 years of Group history. Today, we are the largest international trade bank, with an unrivalled global presence and access to over 90 per cent of the world's global capital flows. GTRF provides structured trade finance and risk mitigation solutions to customers all over the world, from SMEs through to large corporates and multinationals. GTRF provides the services and financing our clients need throughout the trade cycle, from the tender process and issuance of a payment order, through to shipment and sales fulfilment. We cover various industries including commodities, global sourcing, technology and infrastructure. HSBC offers over 100 trade and receivables products.
This role is to asses and interpret financial and non-financial data in order to underwrite, recommend and manage buyer credit exposures. This will be completed in accordance with HSBC policy, whilst managing risk versus reward and keeping stakeholders at the centre of everything that we do.
The tasks for this role will include some or all of the following:
· Underwrite and recommend balanced domestic and export buyer credit limit decisions for existing and prospective clients
· Manage risk associated with Commercial Credit
· Provide a high standard of customer service, providing trusted advice and guidance to various stakeholders
· Protect the bank's assets and reputation by monitoring buyers and clients for suspicious activity/transactions and taking appropriate action as per the operating policies
· Uphold credit policy and lending guidelines whilst maintaining a balanced approach to risk management
· Demonstration of HSBC UK principles of treating customers fairly.
· Read and analyse a wide source of data, including financial and non-financial information
· Identifying risk and making suggestions and recommendations
The base location for this role is Birmingham, but applicants from across the UK will be considered. You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We reserve the right to close the applications early. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
For any questions or queries, please email email@example.com
This is an entry level role and the focus of the jobholder will be to learn all skills required to grow their career in GTRF. Full support will be provided, but to be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Curiosity, to go beyond what’s obvious and ask the difficult questions
· Enthusiasm and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
· A passion for driving the right conduct outcomes for our customers
· Capable of picking up, and applying, new ideas/concepts quickly
· Stakeholder engagement
· Excellent inter-personal, customer service and communication skills – written and verbal
· Excellent organisation skills
· A motivated self-starter who has the ability to work effectively alone and under pressure
· Adaptability and flexibility
· Good PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft software
· 96 UCAS points at A-level or equivalent and a Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics. As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship.