The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an SVP and Head of Compliance Advisory, AMSG.
· The Head of FCC/RC for AMSG is a key strategic risk management leadership role that has a broad remit and responsibilities for providing oversight and management, of all aspects of Financial & Regulatory Risk including impact analysis of regulatory/financial crime changes, and driving coordination and execution of the various Regulatory/Financial Crime Compliance work streams and assurance, while ensuring alignment with Global Standards.
· The role requires strong partnership with the Regional RC/FCC team, acting in concert with them to drive the implementation of policy arising out of Global Standards Committee. It will monitor and tack the regional progress of various work streams and initiatives underway which fall under the umbrella of Regulatory/FCC Risk and Global standards, provide policy advice related to AMSG products, services and clients, and ensure that the Regulatory/Financial Crime Compliance function is resourced adequately to address the risks associated with the AMSG business.
· The role will also need to stay at the forefront of key regulatory/financial crime changes to ensure proactive communication with business and develop appropriate policy and framework to manage the changes, particularly extra territorial changes. It will be the go-to person for both Global Standards and RBWM work stream leads to ensure processes are coordinated and implementation risks and issues are considered and addressed.
· The role is a critical forward looking leadership role and requires strong partnership with business to drive and accelerate the execution of Regulatory Compliance/ Financial Crime Compliance programmes that directly impact business performance. This role is accountable for the implementation of Regulatory/Financial Crime Compliance policies in to the business and as such it will require close collaboration with various Risk and AMSG Business functions.
· Solid and practical knowledge of the relevant business and the products involved
· Leadership experience and a strategic thinker.
· Strong leadership skills to influence and motivate staff
· Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal, presentation and influencing skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
· Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues
· Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
· Proven ability to apply technical knowledge to enhance the commercial success of the business as well as to educate the business appropriately
· Ability to confidently work with and influence senior stakeholders and business sponsors
· Significant experience in Risk and Operations Management together with business management, preferably from a frontline role.
· Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
· Experience of creating, leading and motivating a team.
· Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and / or data and provide succinct summary for management.
· Experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred including reporting internationally.
· Ability to lead change, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business within Singapore
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.