At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
As a Structured Banking Associate, you will directly participate in Originating & Executing tailored lending solutions for new/existing customers, to facilitate Financial Sponsor (also known as Private Equity) led Leveraged Buy-Out transactions. Mid-Market Financial Sponsors (MMFS) group bankers structure the debt facilities, coordinate the due diligence process, obtain credit approval and negotiate the legal documentation involved in the completion of debt financing for deals alongside the Financial Sponsor’s equity investment. The new customer is then passed on to a Corporate Relationship Manager, who handles the company relationship post completion.
The MMFS Transaction Execution role entails the origination and execution of the LBO deals, ongoing oversight of these completed transactions and coverage of priority Private Equity clients.
Our purpose – Opening up a world of opportunity – explains why we exist. We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up new kinds of opportunity for our more than 40 million customers. We’re bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to create a better world – for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.
Here’s what you might expect on a typical day:
· Prepare in-depth credit papers which include collation and analysis of financial and non-financial information
· Carry out in-depth analysis of market/sector/industry information to support the deals being pursued
· Work closely as part of a team to structure credit facilities for proposed transactions
· Collaborate with product partners, international colleagues and other Global Businesses to deliver maximum value of HSBC products and services to each assigned customer
· Ensure pricing / relationship returns meet all agreed requirements
· Become fully involved in the deals and discussions with Financial Sponsors, Advisors & Management and support senior MMFS bankers with preparation of materials for client/Risk analyses presentations
· Deal with client complaints as required
· Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure our conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
You should apply if you:
· Have experience in Commercial or Investment Banking
· Strong analytical skills, general understanding of accounting and corporate finance concepts
· Good credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured debt products
· Strong practical understanding of financial modeling and analysis in relation to leveraged lending, and assessment of cash flows
· Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
As an HSBC employee, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. We work hard to ensure that our workplace is a diverse, inclusive and meritocratic environment and we have a strong commitment to sustainability. Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) play a central part in life at HSBC, including the development of our employees and our connection to the communities and customers we serve. We value difference. We succeed together. We take responsibility. We get it done. And we want you to help us build the bank for the future!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.