Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life in Singapore is the combination of AXA Singapore and HSBC Insurance. Here you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank.
Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life in Singapore, we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our combined team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we will pursue efficient ways of working. We will harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. And the protection we offer will create broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Specialist, Lifestyle Claims.
· Responsible for all Home, Travel and Personal Accident Claims under own portfolio
· Advise policyholders and intermediaries on claims related matters
· Initiate investigation and settlement processes
· Liaise with investigator, Doctor & lawyer to ensure claim is processed promptly
· Perform analysis on claims and losses
· Authorization of reserves and payments within assigned authority limits (SGD40,000/-) for reserving and payments
· Accountable for own cases to meet claims service standard
· Ensuring all reported claims are registered timely and adequate reserves provided in accordance with COM
· Ensure claims are paid fairly, timely and justifiably in accordance to the policy coverage
· Escalate large claim, dispute claim and technical claim issue to Assistant Manager
· Complete yearly file review - by following up on status and making decision to close file if no development
· A recognized Diploma in any discipline, with Insurance qualifications in Insurance
· 2 years of relevant working experience in the Insurance industrial, preferably experienced with handling of Home, Travel & PA claims
· Good knowledge of local legislations
· Independent and a fast leaner, able to grasp processes and system quickly
· Good customer orientation, team player
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regards to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.