At HSBC you will enjoy working in a start-up environment with the security and structure of one of the world's largest global banks and your work benefiting millions of users.
We need you to help us build new features for digital platform used by multiple teams using the newest technologies in small, agile teams. We'll be delighted to hear from candidates interested in the position for Software Engineer.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining applications being part of Digital Technical Platform family. The deliverables should be well tested, accompanied with good documentation, according to specification and set standards, and completed within the allocated timeline.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
· Applying your technical experience in the development of high quality applications/systems as per the agreed requirements; delivering on time and to group and local standards;
· Being part of a multi-disciplinary, agile product team designing and building distributed systems using modern technology stacks with the ability to quickly pick up new technologies/paradigms and to implement solutions
· Building strong decision-making and problem solving skills within the required technology area across multiple platforms;
· Producing efficient code that is meeting definition of done for business requirements, taking into account technical dependencies and non-functional requirements;
· Conducting unit testing of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired results and that the instructions are correct;
· Challenging code, design, implementation to ensure they are of highest quality, in line with HSBC and industry standards;
· Contributing towards establishing levels of automation tests coverage that are required for the project.
· Maintaining and developing good, clear communications and relationships as appropriate with development team members