The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Software Engineer.
REMIND (Regulatory and Management Information System) is an in-house developed system to produce a wide range of financial information for an Area, especially to facilitate GRCA(Group Reporting Chart of Account)/regulatory reporting, and to provide a means for local reporting/analysis.
To support finance compliance and fulfill regulatory requirement of various regions in 2021, we are looking for Linux developer based in Guangzhou with 3-year contract.
• Work on Linux shell scripts, Python and SQL development;
• Analyse business needs and provide viable IT solutions to meet business requirements;
• Develop IT solutions with providing comprehensive documents, functional design, technical design, test plan etc.;
• Work closely with various application teams and local support teams to provide application and technical support;
• Conduct environment setup, system tests, and user acceptance tests;
• Provide system implementation and post-release supports;
• Work closely with HSBC business and IT parties to meet business objectives;
• Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, IT engineering, Mathematics / Computation or related discipline;
• Strong IT problem solving skills and communication skills;
• Familiar with algorithm. Eager to learn new technologies.
• Good command of spoken and written English.
• Experience on iSeries, SQL, Python or Linux shell scripts development is a plus;
• Knowledge on banking products will be an advantage;
• Fresh graduates are acceptable if qualified.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC .
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.