Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Software Engineer
- Requirement analysis: understand the user requirement and identify the gaps if any and provide functional design and system design.
- Good understanding on Quality Center, investigate and fix defects related to the test environment
- Coding and Manage sources and control source version in AS400
- Package system for subsequent deployment
- Provide support for testing by agreed schedule with good quality
- Ensuring proper documentation as per the quality standards
- Adherence to quality standards and procedures and risk management
- Checking system / code logic to tracing and solving batch / online issues
- Internal Change Review (ICR)
- Code packaging / QA / distribution
- Participation in the Change Advisory Board(CAB) and other regional Quality forums as required (along with ITPM, Engg Leads)
- Coordination with support teams on Live day release activities or issues as required
- University graduate with degree in computer science, information technology or related discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in IT with solid knowledge on application development and support
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Experience in Finance and Banking industry would be an advantage
- Technical capability: Continuously upgrading and learning various technologies required for successful project delivery through continuous learning and training.
- Familiar with AS400， RPGLE，CL, COBOL on iSeries is prefferred.
- Solid domain knowledge of HUB, Core Banking, Interface, Payment, etc. is preferred
- Familiar with MQ, CD/CE gateway, sFTP, etc..
- Familiar with Python, Javascrip/Java etc..
- Work under pressure, willing OT when the project is in tight schedule.
- Open mindset and adapt to the change, positive attitude and logical thinking
- Able to work independently, under pressure and proactively in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Team player; Multi-tasking; good inter-personal skills; Troubleshooting ability & testing skills; organized self-starter.
- Willing to travel if required
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”