Role Title: Software Engineer
Business: Risk IT
Role Purpose / Description
• Understand the business requirements and working closely with business users and IT teams to develop solutions/software to support the businesses
• Build, deliver and test applications using Agile methodologies and perform regression testing on all devices.
• Mandatory to understand the security protocols as well as compliance and regulations.
• Understand the deployment procedure
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Able to perform a mix of development, business analysis, hands-on designing, architecture and face off stakeholders.
• Willing to engage with business users and key IT stakeholders outside of direct area of responsibility and manage expectations.
• With excellent problem-solving, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and with proven rapid learning ability.
• With strong commercial focus - sensitive to business needs and solution orientated
• With high standard of written and oral communication and strong presentation skills
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.