The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Software Engineer.
· Proven working experience on Google Cloud Platform
· Proficient in Java programming language
· Hands-on experience on terra form scripting
· Good working knowledge on Kubernetes, setting up cluster, firewalls and network setups on google cloud
· Good knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps tooling like Jenkins
· Demonstrated ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders
· Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
· Proven work experience as a DevOps Engineer
· Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux environments
· Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
· Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
· Experience with Docker and Kubernetes and other cloud deployment strategies
· At least 2-3 years of working experience on Google Cloud Platform
· At least 5-years of Technical experience in Java Unix scripting, Maven
· Strong understanding and skills on Linux, shell scripts
· Familiar with databases, such as Oracle, Postgres
· Fluent English speaking and accurate writing skills
· Working on projects with agile methodologies
· Strong problem solving skills
· Strong communication skills and documentation skills
· Enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent time management skills and strong initiative
· Able to work independently and effectively under pressure
· Able to adapt in global team culture and communicate with teammate in different location
· Good understanding on DevOps / Agile
· Good understanding and experience on CI/CD / Jenkins / Selenium
· Good understanding and experience on GitHub / JIRA / Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform scripting
· University degree in a technical discipline.
· Relevant industry certifications.
· At least 5 years of relevant technical experience.
· Experience of working in a large corporate environment.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***