The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Software Engineer
The role hodler will be play technical role on different projects under HSBCnet team to undertake the following responsibilities.
· Participate in design, development and E2E testing for different projects.
· Participate technical reviews and provide inputs.
· Review the deliverables and ensure the quality of the product.
· Follow quality process and quality improvement initiatives.
· Acts as Senior developer for Team
· Relevant work experience of 3-7 years in Cobol, JCL, DB2, CICS, VSAM
· Knowledge on IBM Rational Developer System and its different functions
· Good Analytical and problem solving skills
· Good written and verbal communication
· Team Player who is self and quick learner
· Who can take complete ownership of assigned tasks, be accountable and committed.
· Hardworking and flexible to work base on project demands.
· Must have hands on experience into end to end impact analysis, creating high and low level design
· Must have hands on experience on CICS, DB2 and Batch programs.
· Good knowledge on SDLC, Agile and DevOps operating model would help.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of Production Support processes and procedures
· Experience of using IT systems and reporting tools
· Ability to multi-task efficiently
· Ability to work as part of a Global virtual team across multiple regions.
· Knowledge of Banking Payment Systems and/or Banking Domain.
· Familiarity with Incident / Problem / Change and Release Management procedures
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
**Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***